1. Approval of Minutes: June 20, 2018
2. Public Comment
This is where you can speak and provide feedback about the improvements at the beach this summer and what is working and what you would still like to see changes on.
3. Reports of
• Boating Advisory Committee
• Golf Advisory Committee
• Parks Advisory Committee
• Racquets Advisory Committee
These can be interesting because you learn what the committees are looking at/researching to propose to the Commission, and you can provide feedback to the committee heads.
4. To take such action as the meeting may determine relative to animals as outlined in the Parks and Recreation Rules and Regulations. Section II. Animals, Item #1 All Properties and Item #4 Beaches – Compo/Burying Hill/Old Mill, subsection “a”.
5. Commissioners’ Report
6. Administrative Update
I always stay for this. Jen Fava reports on what she is working on across all of the Parks including Compo Beach, it is always interesting.
Please attend if you can. Or email us your feedback with thoughts on this summer and how it is going so we can share it at the meeting.
Our perspective based on the comments and photos you have all sent us via email, facebook and instagram is:
- summer 2018 has had bumps but is much improved so far over 2017
- parking enforcement is spotty but getting better
- the beach rules for play are an area that still requires discussion and sorting out before the matter is settled
Please provide us feedback on:
-what you are seeing on enforcement on parking - - at Compo, at Old Mill wherever you are encountering it.
-what you are seeing in conditions at Compo in trash, bathrooms, and general maintainance
-how traffic proceeds this summer at the beach entrance
-anything else, either positive or something that needs some more work
1.We will continue to monitor the implementation of all of the planned improvements.
2. Email us with your photos, observations and thoughts about the the conditions of Compo Beach this summer.
3. Subscribe here and tell your friends
4. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for news
5. We will keep collecting your comments and providing them anonymously to the Town.
We Westport residents love Compo Beach!
But summer 2017 was one for the record books: record crowds, record traffic, record problems with garbage, bathrooms, bad behavior. We'd like a course correction and we are joining our voices to get this fixed by Summer 2018!
1. Reduce the crowd sizes
2. Fix the traffic problem
3. Ensure parking for residents
4. Enforce rules for public behavior and courtesy
5. Ensure services such as boat ramps are accessible
6. Restore a safe, clean, environmentally sound beach
1. Meet with town leaders to raise our concerns
2. Provide them with feedback on any of their solutions
3. Organize residents to keep up our activity until the situation is fixed
Sign up to be a member of our group! (your email address will not be shared)
Read our Friday site updates and emailed mini newsletters to stay updated, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram
191 Post Road West, Westport, CT 06880 USA
No. This is a non partisan initiative.
Yes. Weston residents have had long standing Westport beach privileges. This group has not been created to change that.
Yes, your comments and email address are known only to the site administrator. Feedback will be shared to the town anonymously. This email list will not be shared with anyone.
No! We have a long journey to get all 6 of our goals met with initiatives, policy changes, and funding in the 2018 budget.
Yes! Keep your thoughts and feedback coming!
Subscribe, spread the word, attend each Parks & Rec Commission Meeting and call/email to ask your RTM representative to support the goals of the Friends of Compo Beach