NEW UPDATE- the March 7th 7:30PM the Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting HAS BEEN CANCELLED
The MARCH 21 Parks & Rec Commission meeting will now be the critical one to show up to in order to learn the final major changes being proposed for the summer of 2018, and to voice your input before they are locked down.
Topics should include:
1.Attend the Meeting!
2. Email us and Write to town leaders, with your concerns and ideas to fix Compo Beach
3. Subscribe here and tell your friends
4. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for news
We Westport residents love Compo Beach!
But this summer was one for the record books: record crowds, record traffic, record problems with garbage, bathrooms, bad behavior. We'd like a course correction and we are joining our voices to get this fixed by Summer 2018!
1. Reduce the crowd sizes
2. Fix the traffic problem
3. Ensure parking for residents
4. Enforce rules for public behavior and courtesy
5. Ensure services such as boat ramps are accessible
6. Restore a safe, clean, environmentally sound beach
1. Meet with town leaders to raise our concerns
2. Provide them with feedback on any of their solutions
3. Organize residents to keep up our activity until the situation is fixed
Sign up to be a member of our group! (your email address will not be shared)
Read our Friday site updates and emailed mini newsletters to stay updated, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram
191 Post Road West, Westport, CT 06880 USA
No. This is a non partisan initiative.
Yes. Weston residents have had long standing Westport beach privileges. This group has not been created to change that.
Yes, your comments and email address are known only to the site administrator. Feedback will be shared to the town anonymously. This email list will not be shared with anyone.
No! We have a long journey to get all 6 of our goals met with initiatives, policy changes, and funding in the 2018 budget.
Yes! Keep your thoughts and feedback coming!
Subscribe, spread the word, attend each Parks & Rec Commission Meeting and call/email to ask your RTM representative to support the goals of the Friends of Compo Beach