Briefly, there was no news regarding Compo Beach at this meeting.
And the August Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting has now been cancelled.
The Commissioner stated at the 7/18 meeting that at the upcoming September and October meetings they will be taking feedback about how the summer went, reviewing the changes that were implemented this summer, and making adjustments and revisions to make things even better for Summer 2019.
Keep in mind that work is supposed to begin this Fall on the South Beach bathroom and boardwalk project if all approvals have been secured, so that those improvements are ready in time for Summer 2019.
Our perspective based on the comments and photos you have all sent us via email, facebook and instagram is:
- summer 2018 has had bumps but is much improved so far over 2017
- parking enforcement is spotty but getting better
- the beach rules for play are an area that still requires discussion and sorting out before the matter is settled
Please plan on attending the September and October meetings if you feel strongly about any of the conditions or rules at the beach. Or email us your feedback with thoughts on this summer and how it is going so we can share them at the meeting. However, it is much more impactful if you appear in person to present your views.
We ask that you continue to provide us feedback on:
-what you are seeing on enforcement on parking - - at Compo, at Old Mill wherever you are encountering it.
-what you are seeing in conditions at Compo in trash, bathrooms, and general maintainance
-how traffic proceeds this summer at the beach entrance
-anything else, either positive or something that needs some more work
1.We will continue to monitor the implementation of all of the planned improvements.
2. Email us with your photos, observations and thoughts about the the conditions of Compo Beach this summer.
3. Subscribe here and tell your friends
4. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for news
5. We will keep collecting your comments and providing them anonymously to the Town.
We Westport residents love Compo Beach!
But summer 2017 was one for the record books: record crowds, record traffic, record problems with garbage, bathrooms, bad behavior. We'd like a course correction and we are joining our voices to get this fixed by Summer 2018!
1. Reduce the crowd sizes
2. Fix the traffic problem
3. Ensure parking for residents
4. Enforce rules for public behavior and courtesy
5. Ensure services such as boat ramps are accessible
6. Restore a safe, clean, environmentally sound beach
1. Meet with town leaders to raise our concerns
2. Provide them with feedback on any of their solutions
3. Organize residents to keep up our activity until the situation is fixed
Sign up to be a member of our group! (your email address will not be shared)
Read our Friday site updates and emailed mini newsletters to stay updated, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram
191 Post Road West, Westport, CT 06880 USA
No. This is a non partisan initiative.
Yes. Weston residents have had long standing Westport beach privileges. This group has not been created to change that.
Yes, your comments and email address are known only to the site administrator. Feedback will be shared to the town anonymously. This email list will not be shared with anyone.
No! We have a long journey to get all 6 of our goals met with initiatives, policy changes, and funding in the 2018 budget.
Yes! Keep your thoughts and feedback coming!
Subscribe, spread the word, attend each Parks & Rec Commission Meeting and call/email to ask your RTM representative to support the goals of the Friends of Compo Beach